Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Facebook: Bah, Humbug!


Cannot get into my original Facebook account. Set up a new one. Can't get into that one either.

Facebook says enter "Security Code" which was emailed. I do that. Get Error message saying Security Code is expired.

I want my personal and copyright items like my Incoming and Outgoing messages in Facebook and all my photographs returned to me. Many items are (c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis [or (c) Susan Dykhius or (c) Sasha Canadian]. This belongs to me and I want

ALL OF IT BACK

Facebook: is it worth the grief it causes?


2 comments:

  1. re: facebook: I just had similar problem with yahoo.ca.

    I had to set up a new account because my "Norton" was warning the page asking for my password was "not authenticated"

    Yahoo said it looked like my account had been compromised and they said they were sending me an email with my new password.... but I never received that email, even when I redid. so I think your account with facebook may have also been "compromised" whatever that means.

    I hope they will get your stuff back for you

    I don't trust social networking sights to be up front with users and they are probably selling our info.

    BTW my new yahoo email address is:

    pinkham_lydia@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. I never heard of that happening. You must contact them and ask for an explanation.

    Something peculiar happened to me with Facebook too. There was a notice on the right-hand sidebar of my page a few months ago suggesting I be friends with "my name." And there was a picture of me which was in one of my Facebook albums. I contacted Facebook about it but never heard back. I remembered about it a couple of weeks ago and typed my name in the search box at the top of the page. Lo and behold - there is another account under my name - a blank page; no profile, just the picture from my personal Fb album. I reported that too. It is now gone.

    Could it be your computer has a virus? Or your Fb page? It could just be a temporary glitch. Give it a day or two. Then call Tech. Services at your service provider or the company that makes your computer. Maybe someone there understands what's going on. That's all I can think of.

    Good luck. Let me know what happens.

    ReplyDelete